See below for information about digital signage screen design and layout for Texas A&M University College of Engineering departments.
- All department screens use the same ad size (whether a screen has horizontal or vertical orientation).
- Ad size is 1920 x 1080 pixels, (horizontal 16:9), 72 PPI.
- Files must not exceed 2 MB.
A template is a predetermined layout of content regions on a screen. When joining the engineering digital signage network, you agree to use a template provided by Engineering Communications unless other arrangements are made. Visitors across the Engineering Program should see a consistent and cohesive brand presence, while showcasing unique content for each area of Texas A&M Engineering. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for screen layout and content area templates.
- Screen layout templates: Layout of content regions on a screen.
- Content area templates: Layout of specific ad/content region within the screen layout.
Department Screen Layout Examples
Large Ad Space Layout
Large and medium ad layout
If design assistance is needed, a minimum of five business days (no later than 2 p.m. CDT) is required. All text, images and elements must be included. Design services are available for College of Engineering departments and programs.
Standard turnaround time for design services are as follows:
- Static graphic: one to two weeks – All content must be provided before production begins. This includes text, dates, logos, photos and URLs.
- Motion graphic: two to four weeks – Content must be provided before production begins. This includes text, dates, URLs, logos, photos and video.
The Engineering Communications Digital Signage Team provides limited support for interactive signage/kiosks/displays. If necessary, we can provide you resources for approved vendors for interactive design. Please email@example.com for information.
- The Engineering Communications Digital Signage Team reviews all ads for brand consistency and to ensure requirements are met.
- Student content is only reviewed for image quality/dimensions and to ensure it is not prohibited content.
- Departments are responsible for providing content that is free from copyright infringements and typographical errors.
- Submit your content through the digital signage request form below.
(Note: The same form is used for Zachry Engineering Education Complex and department screens).