Step-by-Step Guide for the Requester (for New Screens)
To request digital signage (for new screens) in Texas A&M University engineering buildings, please see the following steps.
- The requester completes the digital signage inquiry form.
- Engineering Facilities defines installation requirements.
- Engineering IT defines the resources needed.
- The requester meets with Engineering Communications to establish goals of signage and develop a content plan.
- Communications works with the requester, IT and Facilities to determine the best location(s) for the screen(s).
- The requester purchases hardware as recommended by IT and Facilities.
- IT and Facilities work together to physically install signage.
- IT installs appropriate software and ensures its functionality.
- Communications and IT tests functionality.
- Communications deploys screen design and graphics to the requester’s screen(s).
Roles and Responsibilities
The customer is responsible for:
- Creating timely and relevant content so that information is not stale.
- Helping Engineering Communications identify key audiences.
Engineering IT is responsible for the:
- Management of hardware associated with digital signage.
- Management of software (contracts, licensing, security updates, etc.).
Facilities Management and Planning
Facilities Management and Planning:
- Identifies appropriate installation locations and infrastructure required.
- Coordinates installation of digital signage.
Engineering Communications is responsible for:
- Brand compliance and consistency.
- Screen design/layout.
- Content area design templates.
- Messaging placement strategies.
- Working with delegate in a department to determine a content plan and submission procedures.
- Scheduling content per the customer’s request.
Design services are available for College of Engineering departments and programs for major initiatives and events.
- The Engineering Communications Digital Signage Team currently provides limited support for interactive signage/kiosks/displays. Please email, email@example.com for information.
How to Work With Us
Digital Signage Screen Installation and Software
Submit a signage inquiry through our digital signage request form.
Digital Signage Graphics and Screen Layout Design
See who to contact with digital signage requests depending on your affiliation with the College of Engineering.
Your affiliation with the College of Engineering:
Who to contact:
Engineering Academic and Student Affairs programs: Kristina Ballard orMarissa Davis
All other programs: Digital Signage Team
Recognized student organizations (for content that may be relevant to all engineering students)
University or system entities