The Dean’s events team exists to serve the College of Engineering, its departments, donors, faculty, staff, and students at Texas A&M University. We work diligently to bring consistently successful events tailored to our clients’ needs while creating cost savings and efficiencies for the College of Engineering. Our purpose is to create unique opportunities for every guest in making enduring connections and memories. We oversee all donor and alumni events and departmental events with five or more external guests and/or are outside of a department’s own space.
Please contact the events team to request assistance with your event at firstname.lastname@example.org. We should be informed of any event involving a donor, regent or government official. Event requests must be submitted a minimum of two months prior to the proposed event date. All requests are subject to availability. In certain cases of delayed requests, we might be able to consult and offer limited services. The events team manages all event space inside of Zachry Engineering Education Complex and additionally coordinates the conference venue at the Center for Infrastructural Renewal. We do not coordinate conferences, workshops, or tailgates. For assistance with conferences and workshops, please contact TEES Conferences at email@example.com or 979-845-3405. To inquire about assistance with tailgates, please reach out to donor and alumni relations at 979-862-5944.
Examples of common events are:
Banquets, receptions, awards ceremonies, donor luncheons, alumni networking events, and TEES events (which must be at the Dean or Director’s level)
Best Practices for Department Event Liaisons (DELs)
DELs are appointed contacts from each department specifically entrusted with event coordination.
- We are able to assist with events with five or more external guests in attendance. This does not include capstone events. We are happy to consult on events that do not fit our definition when schedule permits.
- The DEL should complete an event request form 4-6 months prior to your event, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Preview the events venue list to get an idea of which venue you would prefer.
- Ensure your event does not conflict with other major dates, such as the Student Awards Banquet. To view all major events, email your IT department to request access to the calendar called “Texas A&M Engineering Events”. To view events occurring within the Zachry Engineering Education Complex, visit tx.ag/zachryems.
- Set up an initial meeting with the events team via email@example.com. Bring an estimated budget, exact date, guest estimate, and venue preference to your first meeting.
- Communication is key. Be sure to update your lead event coordinator of any changes or additional information throughout the planning process.