Texas A&M University College of Engineering and Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES) web requests are routed through ticketing at email@example.com.
Faculty research websites are offered and supported through Engineering IT. Engineering Communications does not provide support for faculty research websites, including page updates. For faculty website support, please contact Engineering IT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Redirects are used sparingly because they do not align with best web practices; they require management by engineering IT; and they cause issues if there are too many on one site.
- Be proactive about web pages that are subject to changing URLs and set up a tx.ag link to distribute in promotional materials to mitigate the issue of needing a redirect.
- In emergency situations, if a redirect is needed, email email@example.com and explain the need in detail.
- Texas A&M University has a Qualtrics contract, but they are currently pursuing other service providers for accessibility compliance.
- To request a form for the engineering website, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Solutions will vary depending on the circumstance.
- Web accessibility can be researched through the following resources:
- Questions about unique web accessibility situations can be emailed to email@example.com.
- See VPAT repository requirements.
All requests are routed through Marilyn Martell for approval.
Website analytics tracking code is only added to approved strategic initiative websites or TEES center websites. To obtain Google Analytics for a webpage or website that is managed by Engineering Communications, email firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the following information:
- What is your website URL?
- Who needs to be added as an analytics user and what is their role?
Training is required for all new users added to a WordPress website. TEES centers and College of Engineering initiatives are the bulk of the WordPress websites. Each TEES center must designate someone on their team to be the content editor, who then receives the training. Training is provided by senior web services team members (at this time Tricia Speed and Taylor George).