Public-facing digital signage within the Zachry Engineering Education Complex is available for recognized engineering student organizations, College of Engineering departments or programs to promote events and announcements for engineering students. Please review the guidelines to learn more about the requirements.
Digital signage support within suites is also available for the College of Engineering programs.
Please carefully review the requirements. Content submitted not following the criteria will not be approved, but will be returned with an explanation so that corrections may be made and resubmitted for consideration. Promotion of items for commercial products, services or events on the digital signage system is prohibited.
- Reservations will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis, pending approval of the digital promotional item.
- Only one ad per event or announcement will be approved.
- Reservation requests and images must be submitted a minimum of three business days (no later than 2 p.m. CDT) or if design assistance is needed five business days (no later than 2 p.m. CDT) prior to the requested reservation start date, and no more than one month in advance of the event date. Reservations are non-transferrable.
- The maximum duration for digital displays is seven consecutive days. If space permits, additional dates may be requested and approved by resubmitting a request on the last day of your reservation. When space is available, reservations may be extended up to one additional week.
- Cancellations must be received at least one business day prior to the beginning of your requested start date. Failure to cancel a reservation by the requested time frame could result in loss of future privileges to make reservations.
AD Design Specifications
Please review and verify that your ad meets the design specifications prior to submitting your request. The College of Engineering is not responsible for editing copy or confirming copyright of images, logos, and text. If design assistance is needed for the ad, a minimum of five business days (no later than 2 p.m. CDT) is required.
- The complete name of the sponsoring organization must be prominently displayed.
- Information on a digital sign ad for an event must include the event name, location, date and time, and contact information.
- Ad images for digital items must be:
- .JPG image format
- Landscape orientation for large ads
- Portrait orientation for medium ads
- Minimum resolution of 72 PPI.
- Not exceed 2MB
- Background images must have had a light background with text in black or dark gray to provide contrast.
- Sans serif fonts should be used for text. Suggested fonts are Helvetica or Open Sans for readability on digital displays.
- Fonts should be bold and large as possible
- Text for the ad should not exceed 40 words
- Ads must be proofread; grammatical or spelling errors will cause your request to be returned for correction before posting.
- Medium digital space is available for events and announcements. The ad must be 456 x 749 pixels before submitting it.
- Large digital space (1920 x 1080 pixels) is reserved for the College of Engineering Programs and large collegewide events. Approval MUST be attained before submitting through our form. Please contact Engineering Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
Please note: Ad location is up to the discretion of the Digital Signage Team.